Saturday, September 19, 2009

Showers and Shopping :)

It was a busy week as my school threw me a shower on Thursday and Evan's school threw him a shower on Friday. Both were fantastic and we got a lot of things that we really needed and were still on our registries. We also got a few duplicate gifts, so we spent today (Saturday) returning/exchanging items and ended up buying our last few things on the registry for Oakes. We now have his mattress, changing table cover, and a new dresser (we bought this last week but just got it this week). I feel like his room has come together overnight! I'm also running (as we speak) what I hope are the last baby laundry loads before he arrives.

On a side note, I had to run into Ingles (our grocery store, not a Spanish translation) afterschool one day this week and as I'm walking in, a little old lady stops dead in her tracks and says "Oooh girl! Your legs are BIG!" then she follows it with a "But you're cute everywhere else!" I couldn't help but laugh I realize my legs are the size of trees right now and it was seriously the funniest, most blunt moment I've had in my pregnancy.
So, we've got a mere 12 days until the due date. The room is ready, Evan and I are ready, and I've got almost all of Oakes' baby albums up-to-date. Now we just play the waiting game... :)

Wendy's School Shower (Thursday, September 17th):


Evan's School Shower (Friday, September 18th):

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny about the older woman. I've gotten a sense that children and the elderly will tell it to you straight. You gotta get a kick out of that. I can't believe its so close! I know you're ready for the pregnancy to be over. Hopefully we'll have good news by my wedding day and we'll have multiple things to celebrate at the Charleston table! :).

    ReplyDelete