So I guess it was maybe just our imagination, but Oakes hasn't dropped as much as we'd thought/hoped. At yesterday's appointment, he had moved down to -2 station with 0cm dilation and 60% effacement (thinning). So we are making progress, just not as much as I'd thought. The other fun doctor facts from yesterday are that I've lost a pound (which is awesome considering I had gained 5 pounds last week!) and when he measured my tummy, I was measuring at 39cm. The tummy measurement is supposed to coincide with how many weeks along you are (I'm 37 tomorrow). The doctor assuaged my fears about birthing a ginormous baby though and said it was most likely due to Oakes's position yesterday. Oakes has been insanely active and his heartrate is 168bpm. I brought up the fact that I believe I have an internal bruise from him kicking in a certain spot (seriously) and Doc said it was completely possible - he's heard of moms having bruised ribs from their cute little bundles of joy. Nevertheless, we feel good about the stats and as I'm now officially full term (whoo hoo!!!) I am super excited. We have another visit next Monday afternoon to check progress. :)
We had our hospital tour last night in our Childbirth Education class and now know where Evan has to take me for admittance (and after seeing all the sketchy people in the ER, I'm really hoping that after he drops me off, he QUICKLY finds a parking spot so I don't have to wait forever with all the nasties). We also got to see the two types of LDR rooms - the newer ones and the older "waterworld" ones. I've decided that I definitely want one of the older ones as they have huge tubs in them for pain management, etc. It's all first-come, first-serve though so I'm really hoping Oakes chooses a not-so-busy birthing day to arrive.
One of the best things about the visit was seeing the recovery rooms for Mom, Dad, and Baby. Apparently they have some insane security which is nice - Oakes will be wearing an anklet so we may have to bring a thug outfit and a set of handcuffs to the hospital for a little camera fun (it'll almost be Halloween, right?). They also have mini-fridges in the rooms and are totally okay and encourage parents to bring in a bottle of champagne! Okay, so maybe "encourage" isn't exactly the word to use, but I was thrilled to find this out!
We'll be relaxing over the next week and not worrying about his arrival - if he comes now, everything will be fine and if he waits, everything will be fine. In the meantime, I've decided that I can now enjoy all those foods (caffeine, tea, pineapples, etc.) that are supposed to bring on labor. No worries, I won't overdo it (except with the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How are your poor feet doing? I'm glad you are having a text book pregnancy. Healthiness is by far the most important thing!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy we get to count down two great events together! At least I know for a fact when my special day will arrive :). I'm thinking of you tons and are so excited. Thanks for the very consistent blog updates....