
We finally finished the renovation of the nursery this weekend! This room was originally our office, so we moved all the office stuff downstairs into the basement and then had to rearrange some walls in order to complete the closet transformation. Evan built the new closet and the built-in (originally, it was just a regular wall, we stole some space from the living room closet to make the closet in here). It was a lot of work, but then I think we brought it all on ourselves as Evan wanted the room to be COMPLETELY finished and didn't want to have to go back in there again in a year or so and build the bookcase, etc. We're very happy with the results. We still have a lot of decorating to do, but that's the fun part and I'm sure I'll keep myself busy doing that over the next month or two. :) Above are some photos of the painted walls, built-in, and closet (as well as the diaper cake from Aunt Sandra, the personalized frog bank from mom, and the diaper turtle from one of Evan's room moms).
We had a doctor's appointment today which went well. Oakes's heartrate is 144 bpm and we're on schedule and measuring correctly. We also found our doula today - I called around this morning to phone-interview some and absolutely loved the 2nd one I spoke with. We talked for 25 minutes and will have an "interview" in which Evan and I will meet her and her staff and decide if she's the one for sure. We have an interview with a possible pediatrician next week as well and I'm hoping that goes well! Lots to do, lots to do...
You two are so handy! I'm very impressed. Granted, we still call our super to fix a leaky faucet. We are SO not crafty or handy :) Oakes is going to LOVE his room. I love the green! Yeah, gender neutral!
ReplyDeleteYes, Evan has gained quite a few handyman skills in the course of our home-ownership. And I'm handy at handing him tools. And supervising. As that's just about all I can do right now. We wish we had a super who'd do all the fix-its around here...
ReplyDeletethis might sound like a dumb question but what in the world is a doula??? I'm assuming this is a term that only pregnant people know??!!!! You look great Wendy and so does the nursery. Great job Ev!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Shanna
Sorry, Shanna - a doula is basically a birthing coach who is with you from the moment you begin labor (some even come over to you house and labor with you there before going to the hospital) until about an hour after the baby arrives. They are great at helping ease pain through naturaly pain management and are kind of an advocate for you at the hospital as well.
ReplyDelete