
So we spent the day cleaning today. Evan vacuumed the house (I heart him!) while I began getting Oakes' nursery ready. I packed a few boxes of books from the office for Ev to bring downstairs and then spent what seemed like forever cutting tags off of baby outfits so that when I'm ready to wash the clothes, the clothes will be ready to be washed. I think we were both astounded at how much clothes we already have for Oakes. From the gently/hardly used ones we received from Betsy and Dustin to the ones the students and others have bought Oakes, he will have quite the full closet! I also organized all of the stuff we bought at Ikea last Monday (boxes for diaper storage, a few toys, etc.) and am ready to finish the transformation of the room from our office to our nursery!
Speaking of Ikea... we went there to buy a baby crib as I have been very picky about what I did and did not want. I knew I didn't want a convertible crib and I knew I wanted a crib with basic, straight lines and stationary sides. Luckily, the one that Evan and I both liked most was the cheapest (whoo hoo!). I had been eyeing it for a few days online and felt a bit disheartened by the fact that it came unfinished (in other words, one more project for Evan to complete). Thus, I chose not to mention that fact before shopping --- sweet of me, huh? So as we are reading the crib dimensions/specs in the store, Evan got all excited when he saw that it was unfinished. Apparently he wants to finish it himself so that it's a dark wood finish that is similar to the finish on our kitchen cabinets. I think he's a bit out of his mind, but he's really stoked about doing this - maybe it's the first bit of the father/son bonding experience? Either way, we bought it and now it's waiting for his magical touch in a box in our garage. We figure we have plenty of time to get it finished and ready to go before Oakes arrives and is big enough to use it (knock on wood!), but I'm sure Evan will be down there working on it before long.
So what else has to be done before the nursery is ready? Lots. Lots, lots, lots. We have to:
- stain the crib
- move the office stuff (computer, etc.) into the basement,
- move the office stuff (computer, etc.) into the basement,
- build/rebuild the closets in the nursery as well as the guest room,
- buy a dresser (we found one we both liked though, so that's a plus!),
- paint the nursery,
- and decorate (cannot wait!).
Looks like our summer is already planned for us...
I thnk that we ALL need to see another pic of your tummy~ :) I know Im gonna see it nxt wk, but i wanna see it NOW.
ReplyDelete(Just call me Veruca Salt) lol
You'll see a belly pic on Thursday. I'll probably do another blog update tomorrow though with ultrasound pics from our doctor's appointment :)
ReplyDelete