Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Showers

Two of my dear friends, Krystle & Angela, threw a baby shower for me this weekend and I must say that Evan and I feel so blessed to have such an amazing group of friends surrounding us during this exciting time in our lives! The shower was at Krystle's Mom's house (thanks, Debbie!) and everything was wonderful: the cute cake, the delicious food, the fun games, and the many friends who brought many gifts. I spent Sunday and Monday unpacking some of the items and testing them out and then spent most of the day on Tuesday washing baby clothes and trying to organize things in Oakes's room. I imagine this is one of the only times in my life when I'll be excited to do laundry... :) We're still "under construction" in the guest room so until that gets completed, we can't really move Oakes' furniture into his nursery. Evan has been hard at work, though, and I think we'll have most everything completed by the weekend - yay! As soon as the nursery is somewhat setup, I'll post some pics of it.

Here are a few pictures from the shower. I wish I had more, but I was quite busy so I'm going to have to rely on friends to send their pics to me!
The cake says "Welcome to the World, Baby Oakes" and matches our "map" theme.
The dirty diaper game; A diaper cake made by Angela.
A group shot, then a shot of sorority sisters.

1 comment: