I had just been warning them to keep their behavior under control during guidance today, and as we hussled down to the guidance classroom (a bit late...), they surprised me with a shower! A couple of the parents had come in and set up the guidance room so we had a beautiful cake, some drinks, and they got to watch me open gifts. They had all gone in and bought us a Pack'n'Play (whoo hoo!!!!) as well as a few other baby items (socks, blankets, bath stuff... all very cute!). They had even made cards for me last week during guidance!
I had absolutely no idea that any of this was going on and was a bit dumbfounded when they surprised me - I think it took a few minutes for it to sink in! But we had a fabulous time and I think the kids were really tickled that they were able to keep this a secret from me for the past 2 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment