The past few days have been worrisome so it's actually been very easy to keep this baby a secret, but with today's ultrasound we are really having a hard time wiping the grin off of our faces and keeping our mouths shut! So... this seemed like the best place to let the world know our news without letting the world know our news... yet! :)
So I figure I should explain why this blog is titled "Fido's Journey" ---
When we found out we were pregnant (on Inauguration Day!!!) I grabbed my What to Expect... book and read about the baby to Evan, telling him that our little baby was just a blastocyst at the time. I guess Evan registered that as me telling him our baby was a phytoblast (not even sure what that is...) so then he began calling it Fido for "phyto". I obviously wasn't on the same train of thought as he was and got a bit offended that he was calling our little baby a dog's name. However, once he explained it to me we both kind of liked the new nickname our bean had earned and "Fido" stuck.